Thursday, August 11, 2011

A New Banner

My nephew's girlfriend, Cassandra, is turning 21!!  Her mom asked me to help her decorate for a party, so we sprung into action.  We chose a damask theme with hot pink and Cassandra loved it!  (I think it's cool that she and my daughter share the same name).  Anyhow, for the banner I used damask paper and black together with Stampin Up Melon Mambo.   I welded the letters onto the top of the pennant/flag so that the banner would not need two strings.  I also cut some of the models on the forever young cartridge to give it a more sassy look.  The letters were put through the cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder for texture and dimension.

Many many MANY thanks to my friend, Liz, at Which Craft for the tips.  My banner skills are still under construction, but Liz and I talked for a while and through the magic of texting and laughter...this project really came together nicely.  :)

It looks so pretty in person.  I'm disappointed in the photo.





1 comment: