Sunday, June 2, 2013

Dresser Baby Card

Last weekend was a busy crafting weekend for me.   I had some requests for cards and had a lot of fun making them.  I came across a card for a baby that looks like a dresser and I was immediately smitten.  The only problem is that I needed to make it on a larger scale, so I took a sheet of paper and figured out how to make it work.  I LOVE how this card turned out.  It will be given to a friend of ours who just had twins...well, his wife had twins.  I hope you like it as much as I do.  My inspiration came from THIS post on Splitcoast Stampers.


The card fits into a greeting sized envelope...the ones that are 5 7/8 x 8 3/4.  The card took a complete sheet of cardstock.   I wish the details were  easier to see.  The white has wainscoting and the scallop where the onesies hang has been heat embossed in a woodgrain pattern.  It came out so pretty.  I love it!

Materials:
Early Espresso cardstock - Stampin Up
Edges have been inked with Tim Holtz Distressed Ink
Decorative Label Punch (for dresser cutout)
Bears are crumb cake and sahara sand and have been cut at 2" from A Child's Year.  I flipped the image so that each of them could be facing a different direction.
The onesies are from B is for Boy and are cut at 2 or 2 1/4 inches.  The star on the shirt is from a border punch.  Onesies designers paper is Stampin Up.
The white is PaperTrey Ink.
The hangers are twisty ties from the bread.  I removed the white wrapping and took the wire and made hangers.

I hope Luis and his wife like my card.  I really love it.  It's beautiful.

2 comments: