Sunday, January 23, 2011

Get Well for a Cake Lover

Okay, here's the scoop.  My birthday was on January 14th.  We had a celebration weekend because, after all, it was MY day and I am very special.  (I sound so stuck up, right?).  Well, my friend Francis invited us to her house and we had a little celebration.  The running joke was that her husband, Angel, was eating too much cake.  Well, A couple of days later, Angel was in the hospital having his gall bladder removed.  Oh my goodness!!!  Did I feel guilty!  His first words after surgery to me were, "now I can have THREE pieces of cake."  So...I ran with it.  I made him a get well card with a cake on it.  I hope he loves it as much as he loved that chocolate cake!

I used "Just Because" Cards cartridge.  I was going for a bigger cake, but since it cuts in proportion to the card, I set it at 4" and this is what I got.  I didn't want to waste paper, since I'm only using my stash. The paper is all Stampin Up.  The base is Sahara Sand, the rusty one is part of the regal pack and the blue is Not Quite Navy.  The top layer is Very Vanilla.  I used a Fiskars edge punch to make the border pretty and stickles to embellish.  I love Stickles!  Seriously.  I have 15 colors!  The stamp is from Stampin Up.  I used my embossing powder to make it nicer....and then a gold glitter pen for the little stitching.  It is so cute! I love this card.  The funniest part is that they are a University of Miami family and I am a University of Florida Gator fan...so he gets a Gator-inspired card.  


I hope he likes it!

2 comments:

  1. I think this card is really cute :) However, the story is even better. My family are Seminole Fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute card. It looks delicious. I love stickles too. Just Because is on my wish list but like you, I'm trying to just use my stash and nothing else. Joann's and Michael's are calling me in my dreams. lol

    Liz

    ReplyDelete