Monday, August 29, 2011

Apples Galore

Hi friends,

Last week was tough.  The first week of school at a start up charter school is no easy task.  The kids are having a hard time adjusting to the new routine and the new rules and the fact that there is no Bible instruction.  I had not been able to create any cards for the teachers, but this weekend I decided I needed to get to it.  I spent some time browsing at My Creative Time and found the greatest video.  She is amazing!!!  I can't say it enough.  She's unbelievable!!!!!

Well, I took to it. I didn't have the cartridges she used, nor did I know that my gypsy could do half of what it does, but I did decide to make a card inspired by hers.  I had to weld two apples together from Create A Critter at different sizes (semi-new skill). Then I grouped and copied the image, flipping one of them and then welding it to the first.  I then used Stampin Up DSP to cut out the second layer of apples and green cardstock for the leaves.  My white gel pen did some accenting.  On one of the cards, I used the SU marker, but I didn't "LOVE" it.  I switched to chalk to distress the edges of the apple a little bit.  I aso used Baker's Twine to add a little bow.  I had to color the stem chocolate chip since there was no layer for one.  In hindsight, I probably could've manually cut one, but  I was so thrilled at the welding and grouping and flipping...that I totally forgot I had two hands and a pair of scissors!

This is Emma's card.  It's it beautiful????


This is mine:

The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.   I think next time I'll move the top apple over some more to the left.  Either way, I am proud of myself for trying.  I don't think it turned out as bad as it could have, don't you???

Have a great night!

5 comments:

  1. It turned out great! I love Emma's blog and products too:)

    Candace
    mypassion4scrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! girl it looks fantastic!!! Great job:) I'm making one for my son's teacher and one for him to put in his lunch box!! Tomorrow is his first day of school 1st grade! Aww... Thanks for the inspiration!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great Dorcas!... is this you? I did not know you had a new blog!... once in a while I would visit the other and nothing!... found you through Norma or PinkBlingCrafter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dorcas!

    I'm just swinging by all of the blogs on tomorrow's Labor of Love Halloween Hop, to both check my link, as well as to remind you that your post should be up by 6 a.m. Eastern (3 a.m. Pacific) on Sunday, at the top of your blog. Please be sure to include the link after you, and double check to make sure the link is working. THANK YOU AGAIN for participating in this fun hop -- it's an honor to have you hopping with us!

    Please be in touch if you have any concerns or problems with the Hop ... and thank you again and again!!

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
    E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    P.S. LOVE your back-to-school project!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just stopping by for the Labor of Love Blog Hop but, I see your post isn't up yet... I will check back tomorrow later during the day.
    Michelle
    mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com
    http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete