Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back to School!

Hi everyone,

I have mixed feelings about back to school tomorrow.  As some of you may remember, our private Christian school closed at the end of last school year, finalizing a 34 year legacy and leaving 557 students to find new homes.  Although we attempted to open a new Christian school for the Fall, the timing was not on our side and it was not in God's plan for this school year.  I have decided to leave my kids (who now enter 1st and 2nd grades) registered at the public charter school that is leasing out the church property where our school formerly was housed.  Some of our teachers were hired, but many more were not.  I am happy that my kids are both assigned to former Florida Bible teachers, but am sad because they will not be in the same environment and will no longer be in a place where they can freely and openly profess their love for Christ.  I pray that they will adjust to their new routines and trust that God's timing is perfect.

I've made these Back to School cards for them and for my niece, Lizzie, who is going to be attending a brand new private school. She's entering middle school and it's a tough enough age without factoring in the new school.  I thought a little card might pick up their spirits.

The apples are cut at 3" from Preserves.  Cardstock is all Stampin Up. DSP from Stamping up is on the gingham and green polka dotted cards.  The other two are from the Joann's stash.  Stamps vary.  There is one that is a hodge podge of MPS and the others are clear stamps from the dollar bin at Michael's and JoAnn's.


I took MPS and mixed it up to create this for my son, who really is my Superstar!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, I'm sorry to hear about the school closing!! I hope they adjust well to the new school. These cards are sure to put a smile in their sweet face:) TFS
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete