Saturday, August 27, 2011

Get Well

Happy Saturday!

I love Saturdays because I get to sit in my office and just browse and get inspired.  Today I made a card for my brother in law, Joel, who just had surgery on his shoulder.  They live in Tennessee, so visiting him is unlikely, but I did want to send him a little card to tell him I'm thinking of him.

This card was made using crumb cake cardstock from Stampin Up, Baby Blue by Bazzil and Soft Tints Blue Gingham from Paper Pizazz. The stamp was courtesy of my friend, Norma at Pink Bling Crafter and is from the Stampin Up Ain't Love Grand Hostess Set.  I used Crystal Gel to make the water drops and the water puddle look real. I chalked the edges of the whisper white paper (Stampin Up) and the edges of the crumb cake to add a little something.  After looking at it, I thought..."hmm..that crumb cake piece needs something."  I took a black gel pen and drew some droplets and colored them in with my watercolor pencils and added more crystal gel.  So, now it looks like it's raining.  Hope you like!





2 comments:

  1. this card is sure to brighten his day. love the little raindrops and the umbrella so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! girl this is too CUTE!!! I love how you did the rain drops and great job on coloring the umbrella, so glad you were able to use this image:) This card will certainly put a smile on his face Dorcas:) Thanks for the shout out girlfriend!!! I'm off to play with the stamp set LOL!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete