Saturday, August 6, 2011

Gypsy Wanderings Card

Hi everyone!  I hope you're enjoying your Saturday.  I made this card on Thursday for my sister's birthday.  She really doesn't care for the A2 sized cards, so I had to come up with another size.  Basically, I used 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 sheet of  Crumb Cake cardstock for this.  The patterned paper is from Joann's. The pink paper is Stampin Up and the brown is soft suede Stampin Up.  I cut the cupcake at 3.5" and the candle as well.  I had to hide some of the candle under the cupcake because it was too big.

I wanted to personalize it, so I made a frame also on Gypsy Wanderings and played with it a bit to make the size work out.  I printed Happy Birthday Debbie on the computer so that it would be just for her!  I like it.  There's a gift card in there for one of her favorite restaurants.



For the purse, I used a tutorial that I found on Kerry's Paper Crafts.  IT's by a wonderful and talented lady named Becky Roberts. You can see the original post HERE.  She has great tutorials for sale.  This purse was super easy to make.  The tag that I added after the original picture was made by using a Martha Stewart stamp set that makes monograms.  It's a great set!  I used Chocolate Chip ink by SU and lots of stickles, like usual. I put a purse hanger and a keychain in it.  I hope Deb likes them both.  She is a special person in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl I hope you are enjoying your weekend!! WOW! that purse is just super cute and love the card too:) That paper is super cute and perfect for this project! Enjoy the rest of your weekend:)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete