Friday, October 14, 2011

Bird Houses

Good morning friends!

My friend, Arlene just moved in to a new little apartment.  I wanted to remind her that home is where she and Mike can be together.  The place is irrelevant.

I saw this card in Cricut Magazine (April/May 2011, page 43 by Jennifer Gallacher) and decided to put my own little spin to it.  The dimensions in the magazine are different, so I used a standard A2 size.

The cuts are from Winter Frolic (branch and birdhouse is 3 1/2 and cloud is Create a Critter at 3" .  Paper is all Stampin Up.  I didn't use a sentiment.  I just put A&M on the little heart at the entrance to the birdhouse.

The cloud swirls are from the Cuttlebug Divine Swirls folder.

Have a great day!

I used Stampin UP Pastels to ink around the edges so it wouldn't look so flat.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet card. Love the cuts! We just got new neighbors, and I'm planning to make some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins to bring to them with a card. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ~ JD ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I love the layout and the cuts you chose.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all your details great card going to have to scraplift an put my spin on it for a Christmas card for a friend who Loves bird houses

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! this is so adorable Dorcas!! Love the the whole scene!! i was laughing at my sign being upside down LOL!! Have a fantastic weekend chica!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete