Thursday, October 27, 2011

Masculine Birthday Card-1

Hi friends!

A friend asked me to make a card for a gentleman.  I have to tell you...this was a hard one...and I'll be making three more to let her choose from, but I did want to share what I had done so far.

I was inspired by a card in the SU Idea Book page 142, so I had to try it out.

I used Stampin Up Soft Suede as the card base.
The designer paper is from My Mind's Eye (I bought it on ebay and I am not convinced it's MME...it's very thin)
The sentiment is on Very Vanilla by Stampin Up from the stamp set "Congrats".  I used Lucky Limeaid.
The rust element is Cajun Craze (I think...Norma...where are you???) and I put it through the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embosser just for fun.
The floss is from Iris in a gold color.
The three little semi circles are 1 1/2" circles cut from different designer papers and folded in half and hung over the floss.
I didn't want the vanilla to just be flat...so I put it on dimensionals and lifted it some.

I kind of like this card.  What do you think?


3 comments:

  1. The card is very nice Dorcas...I am sure any gentlemen will love it...

    xoxoxo
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the card very much. I agree making masuline cards can be a challange! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you got inspired by the catalog and the card turned out fantastic my friend:)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete