Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Creative Time DT Call

Hi everyone!

If you knew what kind of day I've had...well...to make a long story short, my little one, Bryan (6) has been under the weather.  When I took him to the doctor today I was told he has pneumonia.  Yes...pneumonia.  So, we are taking extra special care of him.

Tonight I'm going out on a limb.  I have only recently discovered Emma at My Creative Time.  She truly has a great product.  I have four different sets (dies and stamps) and the quality is great.  The best part is that she is very quick to help.  The first time I purchased a set from her, she sent me a link to a video so that I could learn how to use them.  She's really awesome.

That said...she's having a call for design team members.  I decided, "hey, why not?"  If she doesn't select me, I'm still going to love her stamps and will keep buying trying to improve.  As a stress relief, I sat at my desk tonight and came up with a Thanksgiving card.  I love Thanksgiving.  This was my dad's holiday.  He was always in charge of the turkey.  As long as I can remember, I would stay at mom's house to smell the turkey in the oven and watch the parade.  Those days are gone now, but I hope that this year (only the second one without him), we will start new traditions and honor the ones he set for us.

Without further adieu, here's my little turkey using My Creative Time's Small Talk set.  Check out her store HERE.

WOW I just noticed my dad's picture in the background from Thanksgiving 1996 or so...wearing his chef hat.  Miss him!
Recipe:
Turkey cut at 3.5" from Simply Charmed using Stampin Up
Base is Recollections ivory
Layer 1 is Sahara Sand from Stampin Up
Layer 2 is from DCWV
ink - Stampin Up Chocolate Chip (I always gravitate to this one)
gold gel pen for the squiggly lines
Cinnamon Stickles on turkey feathers
I also used a Fiskers corner rounder

I sure hope you've enjoyed this card.  Brought back great memories for me.

19 comments:

  1. nicely designed card great colors an papers best good luck! Having a challenge over at my blog would love for you to link a halloween or fall project. Karen www.littlescrappiecs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE such a lovely story and you know he is with you always. Proof is in the picture :) i love your turkey card and the glitter you added nice touch! good luck :)

    Micia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet story- Hope your son will be healthy soon. Darling Card, love the backgound paper you picked out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute turkey...love that sentiment.makes you want to stuff yourself with Thanksgiving dinner LOL Good luck :)

    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is very cute. I love the glitter accents and the sweet story of your Dad. I hope that you will be able to make new traditions and cherish the memories from the past. Good luck! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so darling! I love it. And how cute is that story about your Dad? Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful story. Cute turkey card. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTE card and that picture of your dad in the background is so sweet! Good luck on the DT call!
    Maribel
    ilovescrapping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really touching post...Great card really cute. Hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving remembering those precious memories! TFS Cathie
    www.creativecutter.org

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Dorcas,

    That is a very sweet story...Thanksgiving is special in my family also....I do love your turkey card...

    p.s. I am also going to try out for Emma's design team...Best of luck to us both!!!

    xoxoxo,
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice! Love that background paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooohh, I've had pneumonia and it's not fun. I hope your little one feels better soon! I love the card and all of the shine. Good luck on the DT call!

    -Jenn
    http://jennuinecrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your son is feeling better, Dorcas! Thanks for sharing your beautiful turkey card! Good luck on the DT call!

    Jamie
    Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dee,
    I love all of your cards but this one is awesome!! I love all the elements you used in it. It's adorable. Good Luck

    Liz

    ReplyDelete