Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Christmas Wreath

Hi friends,

I can't believe it.  Three posts in one week.  That's a record for me!

I have been eyeing a card on Lorri's blog Confessions of a Stamping Addict.  I didn't look at the card just before making it...I just decided to sit here and make one.  Like I've said before, "Crafting is my therapy" and when I want to disconnect and unwind I come into my crafting wall (because I only have a wall) and I always feel better.

So...my card base is PTI Pure Poppy (beautiful color).  The door and wreath are both Recollections.  I used a 2" scalloped circle with a 1 1/8" circle for the hole in the wreath.  The larger scallop is 3" and I used a 1 1/2" circle for its hole.  I took my chalk pastels and added a little dimension to both the wreath and the panels in the door.  I also used a bronze brad for the doorknob.

I did not recreate the interior of this card like Lorri's, although I do plan on doing so for my own cards.  I really love this card.  It is very pretty.  I added stickles to mine. In fact, I made several wreaths and no two are alike.  Some have diamond stickles and others have red, red & blue, and others are plain.  I think that's the beauty of a hand made card - no two are the same...and they are never "perfect".

I can't wait to make some more of these.  Goodnight!!
I just saw the adhesive peeking out of the bottom panel - problem has been solved with a little eraser!

Wreath is popped up on dimensionals.  I wish you could see the shading.  It's so pretty!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS CARD!!! I'm stealing this idea from you. (if you don't mind)

    Liz

    ReplyDelete