Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fall Banner

Hi friends!
It's a rainy rainy rainy rainy rainy day here in Miami.  In fact...discovered a leaky roof in my bedroom last night.  Unfortunately, the water is landing right on top of my bed.  Not a happy girl.  Well...we will pray for brighter days and for the roof to hold up.

I made a banner to hang in the office.  I have to admit that I had to do some engineering corrections to it because  I had tied it together in the middle, but it was not working out when hanging.  To fix that problem, I used the acorns and maple leaves to hold the panels together.  Putting it away is going to be a challenge, but it's small and I'm sure we'll find a good place for it.

I mostly used Stampin' Up and Papertrey Ink paper.  The designer paper in green gingham is My Mind's Eye and the letters are Heidi Grace Designs.  The flip side of that paper is Halloween themed, but I loved the stripes so I went with it.  The little cinnamon color ribbon (believe it or not) is left over from my wedding NINE YEARS AGO.  Wow...I can't believe I still had some.  Actually, I can totally believe it.

Anyhow, I used Create a Critter and Storybook for this little banner.  I sure hope you like it.

Have a great weekend.


I used Stampin Up Pastels to add some depth to the acorns and Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder

My colored pencils did wonders to these leaves. I also used the Stampin Up pastels to add some color
 and so they would look less flat.

That acorn on top is holding both panels together.  
I also used Dimensionals to pop the letters up.

6 comments:

  1. Oh No sorry to hear about your roof leak and I hope the rain stops for you!! Love the beautiful Fall banner!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, Dorcas! Thx for stopping by my blog! LOve your blog, I'm now your newest follower. I love the Fall Banner too! ~Olga

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you Dorcas....I am new at blogging and I came across your blog...I love the banner...As a matter of fact you inspired me to create one for my fireplace.

    Thank you
    Mickey
    http://mickeyscraftworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dorca,

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your wonderful comments...I really appreciate your reply.

    p.s. I am almost finished with the banner and I will post it on my site when it is done!!

    Hugs,
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up your banner it's so pretty I don't do that many home decor projects but love this one!

    ReplyDelete