Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cards for Princess Leah and Madison

My friend, Debbie has a special niece.  Her name is Leah, named after her aunt Debbie (Leah) and after Princess Leia from Star Wars.  Leah is very sick.  She's only 5 months old and has spent most of her life at UCLA Medical Center.  A few weeks ago, our friends asked for us to make cards for their families.  OF course...count me in.  This is what I came up with.

I used Sweet Treats for the watermelon and MPS for the sentiment.  The gingham paper is Stampin Up and the first layer is certainly celery.  The base is Kraft paper and the ink is  Melon Mambo also by SU.  I also used Melon Mambo cardstock on the watermelon.



If you'd like to read Leah's story, you can visit her blog at The Princess Leah Diaries.  It's truly heartwrenching.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy looking cards my friend!! They'll love the cards Dorcas:)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete