Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Pink Stamper Design Team 2011 (2) Submission

Well, you all know how much I love Robyn and My Pink Stamper stamps.  Robyn is an awesome person. She is fun and she is kind...and she is truly these things both on and off the blog world.

MPS has a design team call for the second term of 2011.  You can check out the Design Team Call HERE.  For the first term, I got Honorable Mention which I was thrilled about!!!  This time I'm trying it again.  Winners will be announced on Saturday.   I really do love her stamps.  I own many of them...some I've purchased and some were gifts from Robyn after I helped her with her Spanish sets.  I created two projects, but since I can only use one, I'm going with the Foxy Rock On!  it's my daughter's favorite.

The challenge was to create a project using the colors orange, brown, green and turquoise and an optional color of your choice.  I used pink...for My PINK stamper.



*I used this angle so that you could see the shimmer on the star.  It really is pretty paper.

Recipe


  • Standard A2 card base (4 1/4 x 5 1/2).  Cardstock is Stampin Up Lucky Limeaid (2011 New In Color)
  • Star is a turquoise shimmery from Bazill (on sale at Big Lots for $1 for the pack!!!)
  • Fox is cut at 3 3/4 from the Birthday Bash cartridge in Orange Zest from Papertrey Ink
  • The details on the fox are Sahara Sand by Stampin Up
  • Guitar is Chocolate Chip (my favorite color)
  • Black details are generic cardstock from Recollections
  • The sentiment is from My Pink Stamper's Every Day Life set stamped in Island Indigo (also new this year from SU)


I don't usually do the cards so simple, but I think this one came out super cute.  I added a little stitching with my SU marker in Chocolate Chip and Mr. Fox was good to go!  I hope Robyn and Karlee like my card!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great card!!! I like how you used the star in the background, Mr. Fox looks great against it!! And the other card you made, the one you chose not to enter was very pretty as well!!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dorcas! When I looked at all the projects posted on MPS yours really caught my eye. What a great card! I love the simplicity and the papers are perfect for the design. You certainly have my vote! Best of Luck! KiminMD

    ReplyDelete