Sunday, July 24, 2011

Havana Nights Party

Hi friends!

My friend asked for help planning her husband's surprise birthday party.  I created these cute Guayabera invitations for her.  The party decor will be these colors. We'll use burlap table runners and will decorate with cigar boxes and mini areca palms.  I can't wait!




Recipe:

  • A2 size - Kraft cardstock 
  • Layer 1 - Stampin Up Not Quite Navy - 4 1/8 x 5 3/8
  • Guayabera was folded from a 4 x 6 ivory linen quality piece of paper.  I used the cuttlebug folders to emboss them.  It was hard work getting them to line up correctly, but they look so cute.  The cigars are Early Espresso. I just cut them free hand. 
  • The sentiment was on my computer, printed on a taupe colored cardstock from my paper stash.  I used pretty brown brads to add interest.  The mat around the sentiment is Crumb Cake from SU.  I just cut it freehand. 
  • I wanted to add a ribbon, but wasn't sure how to do it without putting a bow, so I took a piece of ribbon and cut it, pasting it with my ATG gun.  
I really love the way this looks in person. So pretty.  I hope she likes it as much as I do. 

4 comments:

  1. Hey girl, love them!! great job on lining up the embossing:) it looks really good. Love the whole cards and I know what you mean about using ribbon and having the urge to put a bow LOL!! Fabulous Fabulous Job!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. can you give specifics on how you folded the shirt.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got your link from Alex you had me at craft-- what a lovely creation looks like a party shirt and the embossing was worth all the trouble you took t is gorgeous and splendid in white

    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the shirt clever Girl, but please can you show how it was done , a video maybe thank you great Male card super oz ie

    littleal1@bigpond.com.au

    ReplyDelete