Monday, July 4, 2011

Get Well Abuela!

My wonderful Mother-in-Law had surgery last Thursday.  I had to make her a card, of course, for the kids to sign for her.  I originally wanted to use the Stampin Up Fleurettes on the cover, but it didn't look right.  I don't have an oval punch, so I went to my gypsy and found some scalloped ovals on Create a Critter.  I played with the sizes until I found some that would work well.  The base is SU Chocolate Chip and the layer is SU Designer Series Paper from last year.  I did manage to put the fleurette inside.   The sentiment is from TPC.  I am not sure if it's the paper or operator error (I vote for operator error), but the ink tends to bleed sometimes.  I need serious pointers.  It was too plain, so I took SU Chalk and added a little brown to the edges of the scallops.

I don't understand why these photos come out this way..sideways.  So sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment