Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day Thank You!

Two posts in one day.  Yikes!

Today, we went to my friend's house for some fun in the South Florida sun. She is always very kind and gracious with my family.  She bought the kids a ton of pool toys and water games and they went all out with burgers, hotdogs and a yummy red velvet cheesecake.

I wanted to thank her formally for a great day, so I created this card.  The stars are from Plantin Schoolbook.  The small ones are cut at 2" and the large one at 3".  I put the red layer through the cuttlebug Thank You folder.  I wanted to add ribbon, but not a bow, so I used red, white and blue 1/8" satin ribbon to form a diagonal streak...kind of like a shooting star. It actually reminded me of the Olympics!  I wish the photos were clearer. The starts are glittery.  This card turned out very cute.  I hope she likes it.  Oh!  The overall card is 5 1/4 x 5 1/4.  Each layer is cut at 1/8" intervals.   Also, I put a white piece inside for writing.  I hope you like!





2 comments:

  1. Love it!! Did you see mine we were almost thinking a like LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorcas,

    Simply beautiful! I love it! Subtle but FABULOUS!

    Stay crafty!
    Mary
    http://marys-crafty-scraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete