Monday, December 24, 2012

A Special Gift

Hi friends!  It's Christmas Eve!  For Cubans, this is our big day.  We have Noche Buena dinner at my sister's house.  She normally puts on a beautiful event.  She's a great hostess!

I come from a large family.  There are four siblings and we all have families.  Our gatherings are always 30+ and they are a lot of fun.  Obviously, this poses a challenge for gift-giving.  What we do is everyone buys for the children and then the grown ups participate in a Secret Santa.   My Secret Santa is Cassandra, my nephew's girlfriend.  She's a very sweet young woman and loves handmade gifts, so I was thrilled to have her.  Her list included a bed rest pillow, a cup warmer and some gym stuff.  So, I got her what she wanted and a $50 gift card to Burlington.  I then created these adorable magnets with photos of her and Josh over the years.  I cannot wait to give it to her.  I'm sure she won't be there tonight, but I really hope she loves her gift as much as I loved making it for her!

Merry Christmas to you all!!!

the light on my desk kept reflecting off of the glass marbles.

Because the beads are so heavy, I had to double up on the magnets.

Close up of one of them.  The bead actually magnifies the picture.

I custom created a matchbox with two sections.  I still had to add adhesive so that they wouldn't move in there,
but it was an almost perfect fit.  The final gift had a tag with her name on it.  Nothing elaborate.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! girl these are perfect and fabulous as a gift and in that adorable box:) I hope you had a wonderful Christmas my friend!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Dorcas what a terrific gift idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the magnets, those are a super cute gift idea!

    ReplyDelete