Saturday, October 13, 2012

Morrocan birthday card

Hi friends,

Today is the big day!  You all should see how beautiful Elizabeth's party has turned out.  I can't wait for the kids to arrive and for them to see how pretty everything is.  The attention to detail is just amazing!  We really love doing parties and seeing the outcome.  I promise to post pictures next week after the big event.  My cousin, Marisol, even made her an outfit.  She is going to look beautiful!

Well, I made her a card.  I decided to put money inside, since at 13 they already know exactly what they want.  The problem is
I don't like to just stick a bill in there, so I looked up how to fold money into shapes.  I found THIS tutorial and I did it.  I added a ribbon to the waistline to make it more decorative.  Then, I placed a thin piece of cardstock inside (maybe 1/2" x 2") so that I could put glue dots and keep it adhered to the top of the card.

For the card itself, I used inspiration from Maile Bells.  She used the Papertrey Ink Mehndi Medallion set.  I just changed it up a little bit, but it's the same idea.

Ink colors are: Island Indigo, Raspberry Ripple and Summer Starfruit, all from Stampin Up.  The sentiment is Papertrey Ink Damask Designs.  I added some bling to it because I can never leave well-enough alone.

I hope Lizzie likes it.  I liked making it.  I'll probably make a couple more from Abuela (grandma) and my kids.  Hope you like it!


Don't you LOVE this little dress?  I'm in love with it myself.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl:) I just love that money dress and make it more interesting for te birthday girl:) WOW! the fron of the card is just beautiful and I definitely can't wait to see some photos!! i hope you are doing well, have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete