Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Butterfly Mask Invite

Hi friends,

I'm about to embark on my trip and wanted to post a picture of a butterfly card I am making for a young quinceanera.  In the Hispanic culture, we don't celebrate Sweet Sixteen but rather do a big Fifteens party which is the right of passage from childhood to womanhood, if you will.

I was asked to come up with a neat invitation for a Masquerade themed party for a quinceanera and I came up with this.  It's a gate fold card.  It's 5 x 5...I'll probably adjust the size some and also make the design nicer...I just have to tweak it. I wanted to show it to the mom to see if I was on the right track.  I had to manually cut out holes in the butterfly to make it look like a mask...when I make the final ones, it won't look like this.  I'll keep the background layer solid so that it actually looks like a mask instead of a butterfly with holes.  :)

Hope you like!

Dorcas



2 comments:

  1. Hey girl, the gate fold card is beautiful!! LOVE it:) I wanted to stop and wish you a VER VERY Merry Christmas and your familia!!!!
    Besos y abrasos,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! love how this card came out. Love the embossing and the stickles around the butterfly. I love gatefold cards!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete