Sunday, September 9, 2012

Nautical Banner for Alex

Good morning!

Before I head off to church, I thought I'd share the banner that I finished up this morning for my GrandNephew (or is it Great Nephew?), Alex.  He turns one at the end of the month and my sister is hosting a nautical themed party for him.

I used Echo Park - 4th of July for the designer paper.  It is the one with the stars.  The other paper is by Pebbles called Let Freedom RIng.  It's an Independence Themed series, but it went well with the nautical theme.

I used Birthday Bash to cut out the banner and used Life is a Beach for the life preserver and the anchor.  I wanted to use some real cotton twine for the rope on the life saver.  Isn't that cute?  I also tied marine knots from the hemp and added it for interest.  My original idea was to use the wheel as a background, but it didn't look the way I had imagined...so I used something else to add a little detail to it.

The banner is Stampin Up Night of Navy.  Letters are Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy and White.

Hope you like!





2 comments:

  1. WOW! this banner is totally AWESOME girl:) The twine and hemp is so perfect for this banner and I LOVE the card stock colors with the DSP together!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This banner is super-adorable, Dorcas!!! That's so sweet that you made this banner for Alex's first birthday. I made two banners for my granddaughter Charlotte's first birthday party too, last year. Her theme was "winter" -- snowflakes, penguins, etc. -- since she's a winter baby (December). They were the hit of the party! So cute! I'm sure everyone will love the attention to detail you put in this ... so sweet!!!

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com

    ReplyDelete