Sunday, September 2, 2012

Scroll Invitations

Hi Friends,

I have been busy making some fun projects, but I have been super lazy to post...and to even photograph them.  I think the school schedule and life has gotten the last bit of energy in me.

Well...I'm back and ready to show you what I've been working on this weekend.  My niece and goddaughter, Elizabeth, turns 13 this year.  She wants to have her first boy-girl party and we came up with a Morocco themed event.  We are going all out...like we always do.  Everything to us is a "quince" in grand Cuban style.

I decided that invites should be beautiful scrolls.  After doing some snooping online, I found beautiful scrolls, but they are only sold in the Philippines . I thought I could come up with something cute on my own.

This is how they turned out.  WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE PILLOW BOXES THAT I AM USING FOR THE CASES.  Can't show them to you yet...they aren't done.  I will say, though, that they are turning out gorgeous!

Supplies:

  • 3/8" wooden dowels.  Original length was 48" and my hubby cut them down to 8" each
  • Wood dowel finials from craft store
  • Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
  • Hot Glue
  • FolkArt Enamel Acrylic Paint in Metallic Gold
  • DMC floss in Gold
  • Metallic gold ribbon 3/8"
  • Parchment Paper
I will say that these are labor intensive, but the end result is beautiful.  I sure hope you like.  Stay tuned. Tomorrow I'll try to post the envelopes that they will be housed in.  

I blurred out their address.  I didn't ask their permission, so I thought I'd be safe and protect their privacy.

Check in with you tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello my friend:) WOW! these are so ELEGANT and beautiful and I can't wait to see the pillow boxes, you have to show me this week:) I know what you mean it's always a big party in a latin culture or quince LOL!! I hope you had a fantastic long weekend with your family and great food:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete