Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hello Kitty invitation

Hi my friends,

I've been "thinking" of an invitation to make for my friend's daughter who turns one in May.  She showed me what she liked from a blog called Handmade by Odette.  I worked with what I had...and really couldn't figure out the purpose of the band around the card with the hello kitty, so I incorporated it a different way to also save paper.

I used Tempting Turquoise from Stampin Up.  The patterned paper is Me and My Big Ideas.  That paper is so thick.  I love it. The cut is from Hello Kitty Greetings at 3".

I'm still trying to figure out a good way to keep the band closed...I used a glue dot, but don't know if that will work or not.

Hope you like.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Dorcas! Oooh, I just love your hello kitty invitation. You did a great job on the belly band and the HK!! Pretty colors!!

    PinkE
    simplypinke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dorcas! Just dropping by ... love the Hello Kitty Invitation. How I wish I bought that cartridge when it was less rare and better priced! On your belly band issue -- have you tried using a mini-magnet? I've used button magnets (+ and -) on my belly bands and they work great!

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen,

      First of all, thank you for stopping by. I had not thought of the magnet. I'll try that. I don't understand the purpose of a belly band. And...is it supposed to go around the entire card so that people remove it? Or is it to be like an "open arms" type of thing? I have to work on them this weekend and I'm not motivated. I don't understand it.

      Delete