Saturday, April 9, 2011

Masquerade - Prom 2011

I have been a parent at Florida Bible Christian School for only four years, but my family has been associated with the school for 20 years.  It's an amazing school.  We love that our children are growing up learning about God and in a Christian environment. The teachers are real, they are loving, they love the Lord.  They are amazing!  Last month, the church announced that they would be closing our school at the end of this school year after 34 years.  It's closing  doors and leaving 557 children without a home school and 100 staffers jobless.  They have leased our property to a charter school.  We are devastated and praying for a miracle!  As we close the doors, we are doing everything we can to support these kids as they close the chapter.  


I'm helping with Prom this year.  It's a Masquerade theme.  I decorated some beautiful gold masks with stickles. I also cute some little masks from Designers Calender on the cricut using my gypsy.  I wasn't sure what to use them for, but she mentioned she wanted to make some tags for something, so I made her some samples to choose from.   Here are the photos

Stickles is dark blue...but it looks purple.  I love how these turned out. 
The masks are from Anderson Prom.


This is the first one  I made.
My handwriting got better the more I practiced.
I promise!

Designer's Calendar cut at 2". Paper is black mat stack from Wal Mart.  
Stickles are turquoise from www.scrapbook.com

font for Masquerade is Cinderella.  The FBCS line is Engravers MT.  
The shading on the punch is Stampin Up chalk.  
The punch is EK Success.  
The mask has a stem which I cut off.

.

4 comments:

  1. These are fabulous! I'm sure the kids are going to love them! I'm so sorry to hear about your school closing. It breaks my heart when they close the schools that are actually teaching the important values that our children need. I'll say a prayer for your miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These masks are so cute! So sorry to hear about the school closing down. Best of luck and a prayer for the school.

    callahancountrybugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorcus, These are gorgeous!
    Momo sent me..
    Stop by my blog sometime...
    Hugs,
    Minta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Dorcas. These are fabulous!!! I, too, am distressed to hear about the closing of your school and I pray that whatever God has in store for your community will come to fruition very soon. I was laid off of my job last August and am still looking for a new one so I truly sympathize with the staff members who will be affected by this closing as well as the children who will be displaced. It's good they have you to make this year's prom especially memorable.

    I dropped by to thank you for visiting my blog during the 28 Candles Blog Hop today and for your very sweet comment. I am here to reciprocate and have become your newest follower.

    Blessings,
    Anniebee

    ReplyDelete