Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sweet Sixteen Birthday Presents

HI everyone,

I've been so busy helping my friend with her daughter's birthday party.  It's been amazing!  Today's the big day! The ballroom looks beautiful and we are excited!

Today I made her two little goodies.  The first is my card and the second is a little purse so that my sister can give her a gift card or money.  Both are from Forever Young cartridge.  Hope you like.  I'll share the recipe below:



This is the Think Happy Thoughts set from Stampin Up.
 I used a brad for the center of the flower and liquid pearls to add dimension.
The black circle has stickles on it to make it shiny.

This is the purse on page 64 of Forever Young.
I did it "fit to page" and then scored it on the fold marks.
If you hit shift and Purse you will get the inset.
I had to make it larger for the effect I wanted.  

This is a really cool sticker/jewel from Michael's $1 bin. 



Card base is Basic Gray from Stampin Up.
The first layer is White Georgia Pacific card stock cut at 4 1/8 x 5 3/8.
I used a Martha Stewart corner punch to make it round.
I also put it through the Happy Birthday embossing folder on my Cuttlebug.
I took some pink chalk and gave it a little pink hue
The purse is cut at 3".  The shadow is black recollections paper from JoAnn's.
The pink is Melon Mambo from Stampin Up. I used swiss dots embossing folder from the cuttlebug.
The damask paper is from the JoAnn's paper area.
I used a flower from Daisy Doodles and used liquid pearls "Platinum" for the center.  


2 comments:

  1. Your projects and cards are lovely!

    Momo sent me, and I am now a follower.

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bling on the purse very pretty!! and a fabulous card to go with it:)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete