Sunday, July 29, 2012

Die Cuttin Divas Challenge #75: Summer Fun

Hi friends,

You know I rarely enter challenges, but I thought I'd give this one a try.  Die Cuttin Divas are having Challenge #75 and it's perfect timing!!  My sister is visiting from Tennessee and it's her birthday.  I decided to use the card I made for the challenge for her birthday.  I used Life is a Beach.  The bucket is very cute.  I will admit I had a little bit of a hard time making this shaped card...but it came out cute.  I stamped the inside with MPS spanish sayings "Que Disfrutes" which means "Enjoy".  My sis is a beach lover and they are staying at a lovely hotel right on the beach.  I thought it was fitting.

The bucket was cut at 4.5".  I  used heat embossing for the glaze on the sand and bucket.  I also used Liquid Applique on the end of the shovel. I  was going for a sandy look, but had never used the product before, so I had no idea how it would turn out.  It kinda looks like snow.  Still cute.


Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. What a great shape card! Thanks for entering it in the Die Cuttin' Divas challenge this week--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! this came out soooo CUTE girl!! I'm sure your sis loved it right?? Happy Birthday to her:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shape card! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your win at Die Cuttin' Diva. Great shape card.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on oyur win at Die Cuttin Diva this week!!What a Super Cute & Cool card!!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your win at DCD
    This is really cute and pretty colors
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete