Friday, July 13, 2012

Where Has the Time Gone?

Good morning,

As some of you know, my children are 11 1/2 months apart.  Currently they are BOTH seven years old.  My son turned 7 on July 1st and my daughter turns 8 on July 15th.  We are celebrating their birthdays together again this year.   That's how they wanted it.  Bringing together a birthday party like this was easy when they were little.  We would use themes like Dora and Diego, Cars (Sally/McQueen), JoJo's Circus and Little Einsteins, but as they have grown up their tastes have gone in different directions.

Bryan is having an Angry Birds theme.  Cassie chose Tinkerbell & Friends as hers.  I won't post all of the goodies until after their party tomorrow, but I did want to share the cuts for her centerpiece and an altered ribbon/rosette that I made for him.

First off, the Tinkerbell cuts were not easy.  I struggled.  A LOT.  They are 5" for the ones standing and 3.5" for the ones sitting.  Here are some pictures.  You know I love Stickles, so I used glitter to embellish as well as my Stampin Up chalks to add a little dimension to their bodies.

The Fairies are going in a GORGEOUS centerpiece.  I'll show you that tomorrow.

Next, my sister (who has gone all out and purchased all of the items for their goodie bookbags) couldn't find an Angry Birds Rosette/Ribbon for him to wear so she bought Diego for me to alter.  Originally I used Modge Podge, which worked great.  Then I had the not-so-brilliant idea of using Crystal Effects but I used too much.  When I removed it, I ruined it, so I had to start again with plain tacky tape and adhesive.  I think he looks cute.  My friend and SU demonstrator, Norma, made these Angry Birds out of punches.  She's amazing.  You can check out her website HERE

This is what I began with
*Crystal Effects haven't dried yet, but I wanted to take the picture.  


So to answer my question of Where Has the Time Gone?  It's turned into two amazing kids.  Happy Birthday Cassie & Bryan!!!


1 comment:

  1. Your Disney cuts look fantastic---thsoe are a TON of work! I'm sure the kids will love their party!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete