Saturday, July 28, 2012

My Sister's 50th Celebration

Good morning!

Well, I have been super busy lately working on a few parties we have coming up.  One of them is for my sister, Damaris, who is the eldest.  She turns 50 this year.  She still looks like she did when we were kids.  I remember when 50 seemed so old.  I guess now that I'm 40, it's not so old, huh?  (Kinda like tall people don't seem so tall when you start growing yourself).

Well, Damaris and her husband, Joel, live in Tennessee and I don't see them as often as I'd like.  She is visiting for a couple of weeks and enjoying her favorite past time...the beach...and taking some much needed time off.  Her celebration is on Sunday.  We have lots of pretty things planned, but for now I'll share this sneak peek of a small banner that I made for the entrance.  It really came out pretty.

I used Elegant Eggplant from SU for the base.  The patterned paper is from Big Lots...I don't have the manufacturer.  It's double sided, so I opted to vary the colors.  The embossing folder is Textiles.  The letters are on glittery paper and the scallop looks mirrored.  I'll take better pictures at the party.




Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! the peek is amazing already and I can't wait to see the whole banner:)WOW! love that embossing and the color you chose is fabulous!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete