Saturday, March 12, 2011

Birthday Cards

I know I haven't had much time to craft lately.  Today I spent all day organizing my paper stash and looking at Christina's blog for inspiration.  Check her out Here.  Her craftroom changes all the time.  I think it's amazing! 


Well, this post is for two birthday cards I made for two young friends. They are two special girls.  I used my gypsy and my Simply Charmed cartridge for the gift. It's cut at 4.75".  The paper is a DCWV scrap. The base and dark pink is Stampin Up (Pink Pirouette and Melon Mambo).  Ink is also Melon Mambo. 


The second card is a stamped card...which I'm still new to.  I used Happy Moments Stamps Set from Stampin Up.  Abby turns 7, so I colored it with the Stampin Up Markers and used only 7 candles.  The flowers have Stickled centers and I used crystal gel for the flames and the plate.  The circle is 2.5" and the scallop is 3".  The solid paper is all stampin up from the brights set and the patterned paper is DCWV.  The ribbon is Making Memories which I won from my friend Liz at My WhichCraft.  I used a ticket corner punch to change it up a little bit.  I hope she likes it.  :)
I love the Crystal Gel effect.  It makes the flames look real and the plate look like porcelain.  


1 comment:

  1. Super cute cards Dorcas and just love how you colored the yummy cake:)I'm glad to see you posting!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete