Monday, March 28, 2011

Sweet Sixteen Updated

Leave it to me to redo a design on a card.  Okay, so I'm a little nutty sometimes.  I took the original card which was cute, but plain, and I added some great stuff.  First, I used my computer for the sentiment and changed the words so that they would be more "sweet" or "candy" oriented...since that's the theme of the party.   I also used damask ribbon, since Judy is using damask together with a combination of hot and soft pink.  I also used the floral cuttlebug embossing folder (it kind of looks like a damask pattern, I think) for the light pink part. I ran the melon mambo through the polka dots embossing folder.  The mason jar - well, I drew that and scanned it on the computer.  I used Michael's brand foam dots to mount it.  The candy in the candy jar is interesting.  We thought it was too hard to do all the jars with the glass hearts, so Judy and Allison made individual tiny candies by rolling split peas in the pink tissue.  Voila!  Instand candy.  I hope you enjoy.



10 comments:

  1. What an adorable card. I love all the details you put into it =) Thanks for following me and leaving a sweet comment. I look forward to seeing more work from you. Momo and my sister are awesome for allowing us to find each others craft blogs!!

    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!! It's so nice!! The ribbon with the embossing gives it a really cool look. Funny how the ribbon looks like the template on your blog.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh btw Dorcas, I just awarded you “The Versatile Blogger” Award =)Check out my blog to receive it.

    <3,
    Kim
    http://snippetsoflife-kim.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dorcas,

    I'm a new follower. MOMO sent me. Love the damask background on your blog and great card. I really like the pink and black together.

    I hope will join me on my creative journey, over at my blog.

    ~Lisa D

    www.lmdstampin.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I'm looking forward to following you. Momo sent me and I'm your newest follower.
    ~Lu
    http://www.craftingwithlu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card! Momo sent me. I am a new follower. You can visit my blog at
    mypassion4scrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Totally LOVING this card!I am a new follower, sent by the fabulous Momo! I love your blog, I am so glad Momo is doing this! I am following a ton of awesome blogs now! Would be so blessed if you would stop by my blog at www.scrappingmamahen.blogspot.com
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dorcas, the invitaion looks fabulous!! Love the emboss and that border is gorgeous!! i totally lovel it girl!! Great job
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dorcas,
    I have been trying for a few month now to find you, the other blog site is acting up for some reason or another... I love this card. I am glad I found you again:) Yeah! Super cute. I told some of the moms who Cricut at the cheerleading section about your cards and raved to visit your creations! You are such an insipration
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete