Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Candy Shoppe

Good morning everyone!  Well, my friend's daughter turns 16 very soon and she's having a party.  Although I don't really usually need an excuse to make cards, I DID volunteer to help her with hers.  I used stuff I had at home.  I have been inspired by a wonderful lady named Dawn McVey.  She has a great blog, Raspberry Suite.  I think she either represents Papertrey Ink or just loves their products.  She is amazing!!!!  Anyhow, she made a cute card using the PTI Friendship Jar stamp set which I used as my inspiration.  I did not have that set and was not able to buy it, so I drew my own mason jar and scanned it.  Voila!  Instant mason jar!  Not bad, I think.   The hearts were purchased on ebay about a year ago.  I had intended on using them to spread on a table at a wedding, but they are very small and that idea got chucked.  They came in handy for my candy jar.  Allison's party theme is "SWEET sixteen" so we went with the sweet.  I love that family.  They are very special. 


Okay...here is Dawn's card: (It's so amazing!)


This is what I came up with: (very cute, I think).  I think for the real run I will make the jar smaller and will run the light pink through the cuttlebug with either the polka dot or swiss dot folder.  I should probably do something to the neck of the jar, huh?  


Recipe:
A2 Card size.  Base is Georgia Pacific regular white card stock
Black is Reflections basic black
Layer 1 is Melon Mambo (LOVE THIS COLOR) from Stampin Up
Layer 2 is Pretty in Pink by Stampin Up
Punch (which needs to be perfected - haha) is Fiskers 
5/8" grossgrain black ribbon is from BB Crafts.  Let me tell you...they have GREAT prices on 50 yd ribbon rolls.   Did I say GREAT?  Good. Just making sure.
Sentiment is Stampin Up.  Sincere Salutations

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dorcas, OMG your card some out so beautiful!! Great job on drawing the jar just fantastic!! I love Dawn's blog too:)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is amazing! So glad Momo sent me...would have missed this awesome blog!

    Arlene
    http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete