Saturday, May 28, 2011

Baseball Party

Good morning!  Happy Saturday!  This week I've been working on some projects and year end things for my kids.  School is officially over.  I can't believe it.

Well, I'm going to share the centerpieces I worked on for a Baseball Themed party.  This young man is graduating and he's the Catcher on the baseball team.  We had fun planning this party for them.  The centerpieces that his mom had ordered did not arrive, so we had to come up with another plan. I went to the gypsy and pulled out Everyday Paper Dolls & Plantin Schoolbook carts and this is what I did.
Shirt was cut at 25.93 (I didn't think to use the real dial  feature, so I just played with it until it fit into the sheet)
The bat is 21" (also without the real dial...it comes out to around 10" on Kraft paper)
The ball is 17.66 (also not real dial size).  I painted in the stitching with a gel pen.
The shirt has real buttons.  I used candy cane stickles for the red trim and liquid pearls for the white.

The back of the shirt is the blackout feature.  The letters are Plantin  Schoolbook.
His name is cut at  2" and the number is 3.25
When I first cut the bat, it needed dimension, so I took a brown  color pencil and made wood grain marks.

This is the final outcome.  We placed it on a styrofoam disk and held it up with a bamboo skewer.
I also made him his own baseball card with a picture and his stats.  LOVE this!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorcas! This is adorable! as a baseball fan I have got to say that I LOVE THIS!!! I am currently working on my Boston Redsox Trip and just making my embelishments right now... no where near done... LOL but are we ever?

    Thanks for stopping my blog today!
    Happy Crafting,
    Paula
    morethanfavors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete