Sunday, September 11, 2011

Crayon Wreath

As I was surfing the web yesterday with Cassie, we found this AMAZING crayon wreath project.  I know many others have done it before, but I HAD to make one to see if I could do it.  This project was so much fun.  We went to the store and bought crayons and a wire wreath and the rest was scraps.  My only comment is that when I purchased the crayons, I didn't realize that "rose art" brand crayons had updated their look, so one box was different than the others...but that was how it was going to stay.

The images are from Locker Talk and Preserves.  I had to cut them at various sizes depending on where they were going.  I used lots of glitter to accent and totally LOVED making this.  I need to learn how to make better bows, but I think all in all it turned out cute.  I'm going to be making one for my son's teacher some time this week.  :)  The chalkboard was cut by making two rectangles that fit into each other and then adhering the frame to the green.  The "chalk" writing was with a white pencil.  The chalk is a rolled piece of paper rolled up and hot glued.   It says Ms. Keen's motto:  NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS THAN YOUR BEST.  Love Love LOOOOOVE it!

Thanks to Musings of a Crafty Mom for the inspiration.  GO GATORS!!!


The frame is made with Kraft paper and I took a brown colored pencil and added wood grain details.



I will probably go back and use Crystal Gel on the shiny part of the apple...because I just can't leave well enough alone.

I also decided to link this up to Made it Myself Mondays at You Had Me @ Craft.  

I also linked it to the My Pink Stamper September Pinkalicious Blog hop.  

17 comments:

  1. This turned out SO cute Dorcas! I love all the images you added to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorcas what a cute Wreath. Any teacher would love this for their classroom. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute wreath! I love the chalkboard! Thank you for hopping with us and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these wreaths! I've always wanted to make one!

    Jamie
    beingmrsmccann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's too cute! No matter how many of these I see, I love 'em.

    Stop in and see me ;)
    Be Blessed,Beckie
    http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic. Saw your link on you had me at craft and I just had to check it out
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these crayon wreaths! I can't wait to try one myself!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I saw one earlier somewhere as well. I would love to make one; I'm just not sure what I'd do with it. My kids are too old for crayons. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this wreath! You did a GREAT job! I am so going to do something like this for a few teachers this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cute is this....I LOVE IT....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen a few these now and I am loving them, i just want to make one!
    Great job. Thanks for sharing the project.
    I also wanted tolet you know that I do a feature on my blog called "Website Wed" and I will be featuring your blog late in October.
    Thanks for a great project
    Tina - twochicscricut@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so colorful and fun I came from Made it Myself Mondays #14! TFS CallyAnn
    http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey girl, super cute project and this is one I definitely have to give a try too and give as a gift to my son's teacher this year!!! I hope all is good. TFS
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cute project - the crayons are just too perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun project! I wish I'd bought another box of crayons while they were only .24 cents a box now! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! This is amazing. I'm hoping to give it a try soon!

    Jamie
    Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. how creative is this!?? soo cute...love the mini chalkboard and its message!

    keep krafting!
    -kristen =]

    ReplyDelete