Friday, September 23, 2011

Mummy Invitation

Hi friends!

I decided to recreate a card that I saw on the cover of the September/October 2011 Papercrafts issue. I used different materials, but it came out cute.


  1. I took a piece of white fabric and ripped it into strips and wrapped it around the front of a piece of white cardstock measuring 4x5 1/4.  I taped the fabric on the back since I wasn't wrapping it completely around. 
  2. I then added tacky tape to the back of the piece of cardstock to adhere to my card base (Sahara Sand by SU).  Then, I took a piece of the fabric and tied a knot and glued it to the top of the mummy's head.
  3. I used two circle punches for the eyes.  I had 1 and 1 1/8" punches.  The black circle was outlined with a white gel pen to make it look like eyes.  You could probably use large googly eyes for them as well. (I may make some mini mummies for school...with googly eyes.  Hmm....)
  4. I used basic black ink from SU for the sentiment and the stamp is from a Stampin Up set called For the Bride.  


This card is super easy to make.  Really.  You can probably use ribbon as well, but since I will probably be making many of these, I thought the fabric would be less expensive.  I will probably be using a more rusty color card base, but we will see.  :)

I hope you like!

2 comments:

  1. hi! This card is adorable and so super easy to make. Love it!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love this card so much! I love this technique with the cloth! TFS!
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete