Saturday, September 24, 2011

Felicidades Siempre

Hi crafty friends!

My cousin, Max, turned 40 this week.  His wife, Becky, and I have been working on a surprise party for him.  Unfortunately, I was not able to attend because I have been battling a cold...and all the work from setting up under the rain kind of did me in.  Anyhow, I made this card for Max.  I used a card I saw in a magazine as a guide.  I'm sorry I can't remember which magazine.  It was probably Papercrafting or Scrapbooks etc.




  1. I used Sahara Sand from Stampin Up as my card base.
  2. The first layer is Certainly Celery and so is the green star.  
  3. The patterned paper is from JoAnn's, but I don't know the manufacturer.
  4. Light blue paper is Bashful Blue from SU
  5. White layer is Georgia Pacific cardstock.
  6. Blue striped card is Stampin Up DSP
  7. Sentiment is in Lucky Limeaid from SU and the stamp is SU "Felicidades Siempre" set.  It means Happiness Always. 
  8. I used Stampin Up chalk to ink the edges for some texture.  The dark blue paper is Brocade Blue.  

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl, Love this card and it's great male card and happy B-day to your cousin Max!!! TFS
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. And I am SO EXCITED to have finally found your "new" blog. I was out of the blog world for a while with a complicated pregnancy and the birth of my son, but I'm back now and so happy to have found you again!

    Can't wait to catch up on your projects!

    ~ JD ~
    jdscricuteering.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorcas -- Thanks for the sweet note. How ironic that you both have the same very unique name and such similar blog names. I am still excited to have found your blog. I love your projects and can't wait to explore your blog archives some more.

    ~ JD ~

    ReplyDelete