Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Made it myself Mondays!

Hi everyone,

One of my favorite blogs is Alex's at You Had Me at Craft.  She came up with a brilliant idea...Made it Myself Mondays!  It's a linking party on projects we've made ourselves!  Yay!


Well, I had one of those inspirational moments.  I have been wanting little curtains for my craft/office space, but had not found material that was inexpensive enough to buy.  So....I went with paper.  I purchased paper with a damask print at Joann's and folded it in half, then cutting it into a triangle.  I repeated the same onto black cardstock and glued them together using my ATG gun to make a banner.  Then, I cut slits into it and threaded a ribbon through it.  Voila!  A ready-made banner curtain thingy.  What do you think?  Some variations could be adding another layer of the flags to make it a little longer...if you prefer something more cafe style. I like the way they turned out.  Good solution!

Oh!  I bid on a Pixie on ebay and won it for $10!!!  New!!!  I cannot wait to get it. I'll definitely be posting something using my new toy very soon!!!

Happy crafting!



2 comments:

  1. Very cute idea. Can't wait to see what you do with your Pixie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! What a great idea! You rocked this!

    ReplyDelete