Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My first welded project!

I finally figured out how to weld on my gypsy. The irony is that I used to work for the American Welding Society...so welding must have fallen off of my vocabulary.  HA!!  Seriously, though, I loved my job there, but I enjoy being a mom and working for my sister. (Wow...that was a tangent I just went on).

Okay, I made this little purse for my niece, Lizzie.  She's 11 years old and let's just say today was a special day for her.  I thought she needed a card.   And I needed an excuse to make one.

The purse is from Forever Young.  It's cut at 4.5".  The bottom layer is Bazzill cardstock which was bought at Big Lots for (READY????) $0.50 for an entire pack!  The top layer is Nana's Kids by DCWV.  The flowers are from Michael's.  I used glitter buttons from American Crafts and stickles on the flowers.

Inside, I added a whisper white square (Stampin Up) to write her a note.  I didn't want to put a sentiment in case she wants to do something decorative with the card.

2 comments:

  1. Hey chica, super adorable and WOW 0.50 for the pack what a fantastic DEAL!!! Lizzie is going to LOVE it:)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO!!! Thank you for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower :) I too have just started to follow you. Well about the kids - it gets better. My kids are only 10 1/2 month apart - YEP you read right too !! For 6 weeks every year they are the same age. It really is a blessing. Enjoy every minute because they grow up REALLY FAST!!!

    I LOVE your project......very cute and girlie!!
    Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete