Thursday, June 2, 2011

My friend, Norma.

Let me tell you about a new friend, Norma.  She's my Stampin Up demonstrator.  She lives in California and is amazing!!!  I met her through the blog world and ordered SU from her once and she's been my demonstrator since.  Just a few days ago, I got a cute little package in the mail with the Summer catalog with a whole lot of goodies!!!  I had to play, of course.  She always encourages me.  I really have grown fond of her.  You can check her blog out at pinkblingcrafter.  You can also check out her blinkie on the right column of my blog.  I cannot tell you how happy I was when I got her bag of goodies.  My goodness!  It was so nice of her!

Anyhow...I sent her a picture of a card I made that I wasn't too happy with because my handwriting (which is normally really nice) came out kind of yuck and I didn't want to post it.  She told me to post it because she loved it. So...here it is.   I used an image that she stamped and sent me in the package, which I colored with colored pencils and blended it with the SU blender pens.  I also added crystal gel to the jar to make it look real.  Because I am crazy about bling, I added stickles to the flowers and to the heart and swirl under "felicidades" which loosely translated means Congratulations in Spanish, but it's also used as a Happy Birthday type of phrase.

The paper is concorde crush cardstock and Norma sent it to me already embossed.  Sorry I don't know the name of the embossing folder.  The base is just plain white Georgia Pacific cardstock from Walmart.  :)

I really hope you like it.  I'm kind of growing fond of it myself.


2 comments:

  1. Dorcas,
    I think your card out PERFECT! I LOVE the coloring, the shiny bling and that embossing folder! Your handwriting is so beautiful?? INorma is just a sweet heart! I am so glad you are back! I know I haven't left your site yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Girl, let me start by telling you how much I LOVE LOVE your new blog design and you can bet I'm taking your blinkie to my blog!!! My friend you are so kind with your beautiful words and I'm so glad I met you too!! I'm so glad you posted this card looks beautiful! Thank you and we will chat soon:)
    Many Hugs

    ReplyDelete