Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thank You

Happy Father's Day everyone.  I admit my father's day was very laid back.  I did nothing.  I did not feel much like celebrating.  This is the first year without my father, who passed away on September 3rd.  I just could not bring myself to celebrate today.  Maybe next year.  We made breakfast in bed for my husband and just spent the day together.

I don't know if you've ever heard of FreeCycle.  It's a yahoo group for people to trade items that would be thrown out.  I have had the opportunity to bless people with things that my family won't use anymore (clothing, decorations, etc.) and have been blessed by people who are giving away great items that I can totally use.  Tonight, a woman was giving away some new Bakugan toys.  I jumped at it because Bryan's birthday is next week.  Unfortunately, someone else had spoken for them.  Well...about an hour later, she emailed me and said, "I decided to save the Bakugans for Bryan since I know you guys are struggling!"  What a nice gesture.  By the time I got to her house, she had found a brand new Hot Wheels set for me as well.  I am so fortunate!  Thank you, Lord, for always taking care of me.

I made her this simple Thank You card using the Elegant Thank You by SU and will mail it to her in the morning.


Goodnight all!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful card! I love the color combo. Glad you scored on those Bakugans and hot wheels toys. I've heard of Free cycle before. Definitely some great finds.

    ReplyDelete