Sunday, June 26, 2011

My baby is 6!!!

My precious son, Bryan, turns 6 on July 1st.  My kids usually celebrate their birthdays together because they are two weeks apart...so for 2 weeks they are both the same age.  I know.  I know.  ;)  This year we thought they are getting a little old to do them together.  They have two different themes and we just decided to separate them.  Bryan wanted a Sid the Science Kid party.  I admit that I was not able to find a lot of Sid items, so we had to wing it.  We had three different science experiments that we were able to interact with the kids.  It was awesome and totally Bryan!!!!  I still can't believe he was born at 10 lbs 2 ounces six years ago. Bryan was born the day I turned 37 weeks...so I'm thankful that he came when he did. 40 weeks would have made him 15 lbs!!!

I made him a banner, which I was so impressed with.  I was so excited!!! I used Birthday Bash for the banner.   I set it at 8" which I expected would be the size of the shadow, but it wasn't.  It is the size of the inside. It came out perfect.  The letters were set at 3.5".  It came out so cute!  All of the paper is Stampin Up.  Unfortunately because the paper is from a paper pack, I don't have the colors.  I am so excited about learning this!!!

The bottom layer is Certainly Celery and the Y is marina mist.  That is my new favorite color!!!

This is our little family.  My husband is 6'5" so he had to scrunch down to fit in the picture with the kids.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, Happy Birthday to Bryan!!! LOVE the banner and what an adorable picture and can't wait to see a layout with this picture:) I'm sure Bryan loved everything you did and had a great time!!!
    Hugs my friend

    ReplyDelete